6/23/2013

Book Review: This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith


Goodreads Synopsis: If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?


'There are different kinds of happy,' she said. 'Some kinds don't need any proof.' 

This Is What Happy Looks Like is the second book I've read written by Jennifer E. Smith. The first one was The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight. Jennifer writes really good stories about fate and destiny. The first thing that had drawn me to read this book was the cover because it's gorgeous. The first thing I thought about when I read the synopsis was Starstruck (the Disney movie starring Sterling Knight where he plays a famous pop star and falls in love with an ordinary girl who is not an obsessive fan of him)

This book made me want to visit Maine. (I first read about Maine in The Probability of Miracle by Wendy Wunder) I can see Ellie's house in my head and it's like the perfect summer house. I liked the fact that she works at an ice cream shop and that her mother runs a souvenir shop. I was picturing the souvenir shops at Seal Beach in California. Oh and I love the name Ellie!! When I was in high school I made a list of happy things so this book made me remember that. Here are some of the things I included in my list: Good music, A nice read, Balloons, The Beach and Thrift shopping.

I love reading stories like this. It's a really simple summer romance story that will leave a smile on your face. Definitely worth the read.


- Alex x

No comments:

Post a Comment